Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Goals

So...let's see. Last year I refused to make a "resolution" since they are too much like rules. That seemed to work well so I think I will rinse, lather, repeat it this year. Last year's goal of maintaining a more positive outlook on life was quite a success, at least from my point of view. I learned to count my blessings first and my troubles second. I learned to be thankful for every moment rather than dwell on an uncertain future. I took chances because I believed that good would come of them, and it did - beyond even what I hoped or imagined. Some prayers were answered and some still remain unchanged. I just felt better about myself and the circumstances that I have been dealt.

So this year's goal is simply to do. No more waiting, putting off, forgetting, being late, piddling, substituting, or procrastinating. Just get things done. So far I have washed dishes every night, cooked multiple meals, scrubbed the bathroom floor, kept the piles of clothes put away in my room, painted my living room mantel, paid bills early, blogged twice (ha!) and bought planners for work and home. I am loving it, and I think my house is too. Here's to 2011: the year of do-ing!

1 comment:

Beth said...

For some reason, just the act of buying a planner makes me feel uber-accomplished!