Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Smile, What's the Use of Crying?

Of course the day I start my big happy blog I have a crappy afternoon...bitched at a friend that didn't deserve it, broke my phone, pulled something in my shoulder...not the greatest start. It's easy to have a bad attitude, and there might have been a few tears. But it's really not that much harder to deal with things...to roll with the punches. To think about something else when I want to dwell on what's wrong. (Note: it is hard to think about something else when it hurts to turn your head...that got better today, thank goodness) It was a good reminder that this isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows. But being happy is, among other things, a decision. So I apologized, filed my insurance claim for a new phone, went to bed with some ibuprofen, an ice pack and the heating pad, and (after a little complaining, thank you Ben) sucked it up.

Day two was better though. I took some steps forward on the house hunt/loan paperwork, got things done at work, programmed the shiny new phone that came in 18 hours, and held meeting #2 of the My-Life-is-Crazy Club :-) So I'm going to keep looking forward to my weekend in Tennessee with the Plondkes and go to work for two more days...whatever works, right?

And here's your smile for the day:

No comments: