Monday, December 14, 2009

Fun Weekend

Reading herself a book
What a wonderful break from my normal routine!! I convinced Adam and Mary Anne to go see Star Wars in Concert this weekend in Nashville on the condition that I come up to visit and babysit :-) Rachel and I had fun playing with all her toys, singing along with the Backyardigans, reading books, and eating fruit snacks! Mom and Dad enjoyed their two date nights too, I think...judging from the number of times they said thank you...

In other news, today I met a home inspector at the property I've been looking at!!!! He says the house looks good, seems to be livable immediately, and has no alarming problems...just what I was hoping. I took a bunch of pictures (134 to be exact) so I've got the before's for my "Before and After" all ready to go. Soooooo much paperwork, I had no idea, but soon I'll have an offer in and can reeeally move forward and pick out paint colors and kitchen flooring and appliances and lights and furniture in my head. Because I haven't been doing that already...at all...not even a little...speaking of paint colors, what do ya'll think about yellow for a kitchen? maybe green?

3 comments:

Brian said...

Yellow and green are both good as long as they aren't overwhelming. The yellow on your blog background is nice, but you may even want to go a little lighter.

Beth said...

My vote is green! I've seen a bunch of yellow kitchens before but not too many green ones :)

Melissa said...

I had the thought today to do white walls and green cabinets with white doors...like an apple green...just to give a splash of color. And that tin ceiling tile for a backsplash, I've always wanted to do that! But I change my mind every hour or so...and I should probably consider the dishes and things that I already have (because I do NOT need to buy any more dishes!!!)