Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!

What a year...I was on top of the world and I was at rock bottom. There were a lot of ups and downs, but through all that I found the elusive strength everyone kept telling me I had. Was it worth it? Well...I could have done without the car accident and subsequent chiropractor visits (I have the sweetest chiropractor ever...that poor man has witnessed some major meltdowns)...but yes, it was. As cliche as it sounds, I found myself this year. I learned some things along the way that I wish I hadn't learned the hard way, but that seems to be the only way I learn. I'm nothing if not stubborn.

If someone had told me a year ago that I would be buying myself a house I would have laughed...a lot...and up until two months ago I was strongly resisting the idea (again, stubborn). But that was when a very wise person (I'm telling you, those psychologists are good!) asked me what I was putting my life on hold for. I couldn't come up with a good answer, so I started rethinking some things and here I am! 2009 was a crazy rollercoaster, so here's to 2010 being a little less extreme!!

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, they're too much like rules for me to be able to keep them. But I will be continuing toward my goal of having a better, more positive outlook on life. I like the new and improved me, she seems more fun to talk to now that the complaining has been dialed back a notch...or five... ;-)

No comments: