Friday, June 4, 2010

Five Things Friday

Hmm...What should I choose this week...the new haircut is still pretty high on the list

1) Finishing projects

2) Making things myself!

3) Hanging out with the girls :-)

4) M&M sugar cookies (there has to be at least one food thing on the list!)

5) My sugar scrub (see #2!) It was super easy, I just mixed granulated sugar, baby oil (the recipe I got the idea from said sunflower oil, but I couldn't find any and baby oil won't go rancid and already smells pretty good), and a few drops of lemon verbena scent from Hobby Lobby in a pretty jar with a lid and rubber seal (also from HL). I have no idea how much, I'm not a measurer...I just dumped and poured until it was a consistency I liked. It's like what I used at the nail salon (when I could afford to go to there...).

I plan on trying it with the different kinds of scented baby oil, and I had also seen a recipe with half brown sugar, half white sugar, vanilla, and oil (sunflower supposedly) that I want to try. I'm really happy with how it turned out, my hands were very soft and smelled sooooo good! I wish I had thought to make this when I was doing so much painting, my hands got really dry from all the paint peeling and frequent washing.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I made homemade bath products last year at Christmas. I like the sugar scrubs. If you have some epsom salt you can mix the fragrance in with it and made a bath salt mix. Very nice :)